We are in the middle of strawberry season and I love it! There are so many recipes on Pinterest that I can’t wait to try. This was one of the recipes I have been dying to make and it turned out really good. The recipe has cream cheese in it, making it yummy and moist! This bread was a little tricky but the trickiness was worth it because the bread was delicious! What made it hard, was it overflowed a bit while baking. Next time, I will put about a forth of the batter in a small bread pan and that should fix the problem. Everyone loved the bread and it was gone in about 30 minutes. I would definitely recommend trying this bread, it’s addictive! I will make again for sure. I used the recipe from My Baking Addiction .
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinse, dried and chopped
- 1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- 2. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- 3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
- 4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.
- 5. Bake in a 350Â°F oven for 50-60 minutes.
- 6. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.